Ozark National Scenic Riverways (ONSR) is announcing additional modifications to operations to support federal, state, and local efforts to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
As of March 27, Ozark National Scenic Riverways will offer limited services outside those that support visitor or resource protection.
The following facilities were closed by the end of the day on March 27:
• All designated campgrounds and campsites.
• All shower houses .
• Many restrooms and vault toilets (see below for a list of those remaining open at key locations).
• Picnic pavilions.
• As previously announced, visitor contact stations will remain closed. Self-serve souvenir passport stamp stations are available on the porches at both the headquarters Visitor Information Center and the Alley Spring General Store.
Junior Ranger activity books and informational brochures are stocked at those locations, also.
Many outdoor spaces at ONSR remain accessible to the public for daytime use in accordance with the latest federal, state, and local health guidance.
However, some outdoor areas where it would be extremely difficult to maintain safe social distance will be closed. These include:
• The spring branch trail at Alley Spring.
• The spring branch trail at Big Spring.
• The staircase into Devils Well.