Look out for ‘false’ morels

Morel mushroom season is just about here. I wrote a column recently about a group of people in Montana who became sick after eating uncooked morel mushrooms in a restaurant.  

Five of those diners were hospitalized and two eventually died from the toxic effects of uncooked morel mushrooms.  

These diners ate what appear to have been the real deal; these morels just should have been properly cooked and weren’t.

This got me thinking about those “false” morels — the ones that look like morels but are much more toxic than uncooked “true” morels. 

Giant Red False Morels – MDC

You need to be logged in to view the rest of the content. Please . Not a Member? Join Us

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *