MDC staff will stock 73,000 of the cold-water-loving fish in 32 urban-area lakes throughout the state.
The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) is stocking 73,000 rainbow trout in 32 urban-area lakes around the state for winter trout fishing beginning in early November.
Many of these areas allow anglers to harvest trout as soon as they are stocked, while other areas are catch-and-release until Feb. 1.
Where to find winter trout areas:
• August A. Busch Conservation Area (lakes 3, 21, 22, 23 and 28)
• Boathouse Lake-Carondelet Park (St. Louis City)
• Chaumiere Lake (Kansas City)
• Coot Lake (James A. Reed Memorial WA)
• Cosmo-Bethel Lake (Columbia)
• Everyday Pond (MO Western State University, St. Joseph)